Re: New Markets

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

> 2) A formal, numbered release can serve the Debian project as sort of
> a "checkpoint", where interaction between parts gets tested, new
> features of the tools that really make up Debian start being
> considered to be "in production", etc.

I think Bruce wrote about the advantages of numbered releases for
publicity - we get to make press releases, etc.

How about submitting an article to comp.os.linux.announce each week
called 'New and updated packages in Debian this week'; that would
certainly raise visibility, and show that Debian is keeping up with all
the other distributions in recent software, if not in official releases.

Steve Early
sde1000@cam.ac.uk