Re: New Markets

From: Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi>
> Indeed.  If there's something Debian is known for, it is slipping
> deadlines.

Guilty as charged. It's going to be very important for us to stick to
our release deadlines from no on, or our public perception will be down
the drain.

> I remember someone saying something about an April 15 public beta day?

Yes, that's right. It's starting a bit late tonight, but I am sure it
will still be April 15 in some time zone :-) . The ftp.debian.org mirror
site is still updating from the master site, and I have yet to finish
the release notes.

> It would be a good idea to see if a new, quicker development cycle or
> paradigm could be started after 1.1.  Or at least one that looks quicker
> -- in the competition of the hears of Linuxers, looks, feel, and hearsay
> are about the most important weapons.

I was thinking about a 3-month release cycle. Start the beta test in 2
months after a release, beta-test for 1 month, and release.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184.79M domestic, $101.7M overseas and counting.