Re: New Markets

From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@ke.Central.DE>
> but the Debianization of the sources
> prevents me from participating here, and -- believe me -- I'm really sad
> about it!).

Ian Jackson has published proposals for a source packaging format that
makes it possible to distribute untouched sources. However, getting the
1.1 release out took priority over changing the source packaging format.

I don't see how this could make the source packages _simpler_ though.
Perhaps you could explain that?

> please, make it possible to create an .deb without becoming root

Even if we make it possible to make the .deb file without becoming root,
you will still have to become root to install it. Do you understand the
need for that?

By the way, not participating in a project because you don't like something
about it is a good way to assure that what you don't like will not change.
None of these issues are worked on unless there are volunteers to work on
them.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens
--
Pixar Animation Studios: Reality is not our business.
Pixar's "Toy Story" $184.79M domestic, $101.7M overseas and counting.