Re: New Markets

Syrus Nemat-Nasser writes:

> I don't know how I feel about all of this, but it is clear to me that packages
> must be installed exclusively as root.  Some Linux machines are used by many
> people, and dpkg -i can be used to upgrade or downgrade packages which can
> alter the stability of the system among other things.

Yeah, but you could still build libc on the P166 with 64MB ram at work,
and install it as root on your 386SX-16 with 4MB ram as root.

I thought someone was doing work along these lines?  Something about feeding
dpkg an arbitrary tarfile or something?

--
Carl Streeter               |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper time
streeter@adj.com            |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'" --Dogbert