Re: Moving Debian from one HD to another

dwarf@polaris.net (Dale Scheetz)  wrote on 10.04.96 in <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.91.960410153332.243A-100000@dwarf.polaris.net>:

> Two things you will need to do. When you tar the system, you will want to
> use two options. First you want the option that forces tar to follow all
> symlinks. Second you want the option that maintains the leading slash on
> all path names. You will need to look these up, as I don't remember what
> their option letters are.

In that situation, I'd rather not use these options. After all, you want
as perfect a copy as possible. The first option makes it an imperfect copy
(much larger, in fact, and may break some things), the second makes it
hard to do a copy in the first place.

MfG Kai