Re: Debian on a Gateway Liberty Laptop???

  Jean> 2) There is no real power switch on the Gateway Liberty (only some
  Jean> deep-sleep button: turning off and on doesn't trigger a reboot).

My Toshiba can be set into certain "modes", and I chose the one that
corresponds to a desktop, ie power on/off does what you'd expect and _not_
this resume stuff that your gateway seems to be doing. Maybe your can choose
something similar?

And I don't have PCMCIA devices, I use a null-modem cable for 115200 bps
cslip connection to the desktop. Not as fast as ether, but cheaper :-)

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                              http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd