mgetty (Re: Help w/ Callback-2.04)

[bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens)]

|   I don't know. The choice of "agetty" as our default getty was because it
|   was free software and "mgetty" has a no-profit restriction on its
|   license.

Please, reconsider this policy; in my opinion, mgetty is free enough.
The author, Gert Doehring <gert@greenie.muc.de>, says in mgetty.info:

       You are permitted to redistribute `mgetty+sendfax' freely, modify
    it, include it in other programs, ..., as long as you don't make
    profit directly out of selling `mgetty' (see below), [...]

       What I mean above with "as long as you don't make profit directly
    out of selling `mgetty'" is: it is perfectly OK if you get paid for
    `mgetty' support, or if you distribute `mgetty' among other goodies
    on a CD-ROM collection or whatever, but if you sell `mgetty' bundled
    with a faxmodem as "unix fax package" or "with unix software!", or
    if you start selling `mgetty' with only minor enhancements for lots
    of money, I want a share. If in doubt, just ask me.

Please, check this against the latest `mgetty'-distribution; the package
lives at

    ftp ftp.leo.org
    cd /pub/comp/networking/communication/modem/mgetty

Karl