Re: Xfree86 screen saver

Guillermo Solis Aguilar wrote:

> hi guys!
>
> when i leave my pc standby working on Xwindows more or less ten minutes it
> turn the screen in blank white screen instead turn it on black screen ???
> i trying to find out a configuration file to change the screen saver from
> white screen to black screen but was unsuccesful
>  so anybody know how to change it and also how to change the time for the
> screen saver work ???

You probably are using the W32 server, which has a few problems,
including that one.  All my guesses will be based on that assumption --
if you use another server, perhaps a clue as to which one might help.

You can try  "xset -s noblank" and see if that helps.  You should try
the new 3.1.2D server, which is a lot better for this hardware.  It's
on ftp.XFree86.org

--

David L. Johnson         		dlj0@lehigh.edu, dlj0@netaxs.com
Department of Mathematics		http://www.lehigh.edu/~dlj0/dlj0.html