Re: Packages

>    Beyond that I must say I think the idea handing out fake Debian
>passports for the purpose of smuggling non-Debian software across the
>Debian border is one of the worst ideas I have come across in a long
>time; all it achieves it to once again open the door to the very
>kinds of problems which the Debian `dpkg' package management system
>was designed to keep out.

Agreed.  Perhaps dpkg could be modified to try and spot converted
Slackware packages (presence of /install, perhaps..) and print huge
luridly coloured warning messages...

--
Richard Kettlewell
http://www.elmail.co.uk/staff/richard/                    richard@uk.geeks.org

Eat Slackware before breakfast and nothing worse will happen to you all day.