Re: Mail and news

[cc'd to debian-user]

Mike Patterson writes:

>>>First, for some reason my mail isn't leaving my linux box, although
>>>it gets mail just fine.
>>
>>Can you give more details please?
>
>I'm not sure what more I can say. I get mail messages fine. When I
>send mail from my debian box, it never makes it to the destination.
>No messages are returned at all.
>
>I'm running SLIP on a R96 box. I used to have Slackware 3.0, and had
>no troubles with mail at all.

What mail transfer agent are you running?  (sendmail, Smail or
Something Else?)  How have you configured it?  Can you find the
messages in the queue directory?  Does the log file claim that they've
been sent?

--
Richard Kettlewell
http://www.elmail.co.uk/staff/richard/                    richard@uk.geeks.org

Eat a live toad before breakfast and nothing worse will happen to you all day.