Re: Difference between debian and slackware

>There is. You only need to get the boot disk, the root disk, and the
>three base disks. Follow the steps through the installation menu and you
>end up with a base system. From there, if you use dselect, it will help
>with the interdependancies and should provide you with as complete a
>system as you desire.

A problem here is that the first time a user is presented with
'dselect' after an installation it can be a wee bit intimidating (it
intimidates me and I've been using Debian a long time), enough so that
I still use dpkg in preference to dselect...  Anyone out there know
anything about good interface design? ( I unfortunately don't )

No slights on Ian, dpkg, or dselect here, but I still think dselect
needs a bit of interface work...

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
kaszeta@me.umn.edu,kaszeta@bofh.mi.org  University of MN, ME Dept