Re: Difference between debian and slackware

On 14 Feb 1996, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> I am using slackware since a long time. I tried debian but I cannot afford
> a week to study the installation utility to finally figure out how it works.
>
> Could anyone simplify that? Resolving conflicts between modules is really not my job and I do not know
> the intricasies of these modules.
>
> There should be a way to set up a standard system and then add onto it.

There is. You only need to get the boot disk, the root disk, and the
three base disks. Follow the steps through the installation menu and you
end up with a base system. From there, if you use dselect, it will help
with the interdependancies and should provide you with as complete a
system as you desire.

Try it, you'll like it :-)

Dwarf