Re: Install problem

	In the install doc it suggests that a first time installer set
   up 2 partitions one for the system to run on and a swap partition.
   This makes sense.  In the section about mounting the partition
   there is a somewhat involved description on mounting something like
   6 or 7 partitions.  This cunfused the daylights out of me.  What I
   was doing is only mounting /dev/hda1 as /.  Is this correct?

It's ok to run all of linux on a single partition.  There's downsides
(you can't have a swap partition, if you want swap you have to have a
swap file instead -- and swap files are smaller; problems aren't
isolated, if something starts going bad with your hard disk, you're
likely to lose your whole partition), but there's some good points
(it's much simpler to deal with a single partition, you can make more
efficient use of your hard disk).

Ideally, with a setup like this, you'll want to backup important stuff
at least occasionally.

	After installing the boot disk I was prompted for floppy 1.
   When I put this floppy in the drive it fold me that this floppy
   didn't look like the correct one.  I remade the floppy and had the
   same problem.  How can the contents of the floppy be verified?  (If
   would be nice if there was something other than rebooting to get
   out of this error condition.  It doesn't seem too gracefull.)

I don't know about this one.  [Did you uncompress the files?  Check
that the size of the files you downloaded were the same size as the
ones on the system?]  I think there should be md5sums available, but
it's been ages since I've looked at this part of the system.

--
Raul