Re: 1.3.57 module loading problems

Hallo,

Lars, do wee need to kiss the floor u r walking on, since u share it with
Linus? :))

> Dale Scheetz:
> >

> > In other words, how does Linus "not use modules" and get ppp to work?

> Linus does not use PPP.

Right. Linux cant use every feature. Linux grows from the patches and
feedback frim hundreds of volunteers. The debugging is done by the net. If
you (Dale) use Kernels like 1.3.57 (bleeding edge development kernel) then
the _ONLY_ way to complain about bugs is with:

cd /usr/src ; diff -u --recursice linux.old/ linux/ | elm -'complain' linus

Sorry, I get VERY angry if I read things like:

> > Can anyone point me to documentation that provides a functional
> > description of how modules are supposed to work?

Modules work rather well, they get even better and better with all the
improvements (kerneld, new vm, all that).

Gruss (Greetings)
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wittumstrasse13.76646Bruchsal.de --