Re: Problems with dpkg-1.0.6c<un4^dl|xUX

Craig Harmon writes ("Re: Problems with dpkg-1.0.6c<un4^dl|xUX"):
> On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, I wrote:
> > I recently installed the Debian 0.93R6 distribution which came with
> > dpkg-1.0.5.  Today, I installed dpkg-1.0.6 and now dselect will not
> > recognize the very ms-dos partitions I have been using to install the
> > distribution.  I dled the package from ftp.debian.org and made sure it
> > was from the debian-0.93 side.  The error message is as follows:
>
> All directory names should be entered relative to the root of the
> msdos filesystem on /dev/sda7).
>
> /usr/lib/dpkg/methods/disk/setup: unexpected EOF while looking for '"'
>
> query/setup script returned error exit status 1.

Ian M.: dpkg 1.0.6 is badly broken in this respect.  The `disk'
installation method is unuseable.

I see that you put 1.0.6 in the stable tree, which wasn't my intent.
I'm reuploading 1.0.5 - please replace 1.0.6 in both trees with 1.0.5,
and remove 1.0.6.

Craig: yes, I'm afraid you'll have to use dpkg manually to back off to
the old dpkg.  Type:
 dpkg --install dpkg-1.0.5.deb

My apologies for the bug, which I'll try to fix ASAP ...

Ian.