Re: Problems with dpkg-1.0.6c<un4^dl|xUX

On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, I wrote:

Sorry about that, my telnet link went down in the middle, and I'm quite
surprised that the mail utility sent the mail without my consent.  Oh well,

> Hello,
>
> I recently installed the Debian 0.93R6 distribution which came with
> dpkg-1.0.5.  Today, I installed dpkg-1.0.6 and now dselect will not
> recognize the very ms-dos partitions I have been using to install the
> distribution.  I dled the package from ftp.debian.org and made sure it
> was from the debian-0.93 side.  The error message is as follows:

All directory names should be entered relative to the root of the
msdos filesystem on /dev/sda7).

/usr/lib/dpkg/methods/disk/setup: unexpected EOF while looking for '"'

query/setup script returned error exit status 1.

When I use df to see if it mounted the partition this is the result:

Filesystem    1024-blocks  Used Available Capacity Mounted on
/dev/sda12      376560    141577  215534     40%   /
/dev/sda7       202456     71032  131424     35%   /var/lib/dpkg/methods/mnt

Is there anyway I can fix this, or do I need to manually re-install
dpkg-1.0.5?

Incidently, this is the only problem I have had.  I've installed most of
the distribution without a single hitch until now.  I checked the
packages list and there doesn't appear to be any conflicts that I've
missed.  I haven't installed anything from the debian-1.0 side.

Thanks for any help.

Craig
charmon@skid.ps.uci.edu