libX11.a in 0.93?

Hi all,

I'm struggling to compile a bunch of different things,
including Tcl 7.4 and Tk 4.0,  as well as Python 1.3,
because I don't have libX11.a in /usr/X11R6/lib.  Did
I mess up my installation?  Is this supposed to be there?

There is a liboldX.a - should I symlink that to libX11.a?

Lastly,  most of these programs don't seem to include
/usr/X11R6/lib by default  (they are generally GNU autoconf
applications,  so I'm surprised).  Why is this?

Thanks,
Mark