Re: Fixes for libc or xntp?

William S. Gribble writes:

> xntp doesn't work currently -- it seg faults right after starting
> up.  A message on the list last week suggested that the problem was
> a known bug in libc, and that there was both a patch for libc to
> fix things The Right Way and also a patch to xntp to hack around
> the bug.
>
> Are either one of these fixes working their way into the Debian libc
> or xntp?  Without *some* kind of fix, xntp is useless, and I'd like
> to be able to use it.

When I have the time and there is a new version of xntp which fixes
the problem I'll package it. Until then you have two options.

Don't use xntp

or

Use a 1.2.x kernel.

Andrew

--
Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot

Andrew Howell				               andrew@it.com.au
Perth, Western Australia		      howellaa@cs.curtin.edu.au