Re: lwared

In message <[🔎] m0t9c8o-000E72C@mongo.pixar.com>, Bruce Perens writes:
>> Then I fired up my old 386 as Netware 3.11 server.
>> started the router daemons and lwared itself in LinuxBox.
>> Then I tryed to ATTACH to LinWare with ATTACH LINUX/ROOT command
>> and the dosemu froze totally  8(
>
>I hope I understand this. You were running LinuxWare "native" on the Linux
>host, and then tried to run a Novell client in the DOS box on the same
>machine. If that's the case, you were running two "computers" with the same
>IP address. Could that have confused things? I don't know how network packets
>get redirected to the DOS box rather than native software on the same system,
>but this deserves some consideration.

	Hmm...I don't think that the ip addresses make a really big
difference here.  However, the node addresses under novell might be
conflicting.  I don't know what the effect of "sharing" ports under ipx
would do.  Anyone have anything to offer on this one?  I haven't even
looked at lwared yet.  Does it have it's own internet ipx network number,
or does it use the address of the first card?

--Chris

>Should I make a mailing list for all of the people who are playing with
>LinuxWare on Debian?
>
>	Thanks
>
>	Bruce

Christopher Blizzard		| "The truth knocks on the door and you say
cdblizza@mailbox.syr.edu	| 'Go away.  I'm looking for the truth,' and