Re: TeX, emtex, and dosemu

You haven't tried the Debian TeX packages yet. A lot of work has gone
into them - they are probably an improvement over the Linux TeX you were
using. Why not install Debian and give them a try? There are also a number
of TeX users on debian-user who will share their experience with you.

Please tell us what features emtex has that the TeX you've been using under
Linux lacks.

I suspect that DOSEMU may not provide all of the DOS-extender support
you'd need . I also think it does not have a Debian maintainer at the
moment - we need a few more volunteers. A large-memory program like TeX
should run better as a Linux executable than under the DOS emulator, in
any case.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens