TeX, emtex, and dosemu

   I have been using the mcc-interim version of linux, using lilo to
maintain a separate DOS partition on which I ran emtex.

   I have the strong impression that, without using X, emtex from DOS
is better than using TeX from linux.  It is a nuisance to have to
keep going back and forth between partitions, though.

   I was considering trying to use dosemu to run emtex.  However, I
did some browsing through the www search feature (which does work,
despite a note to the contrary) and get the impression that dosemu
is a hot potato, in the install-at-your-own-risk category.

   Would be glad to have other people's thoughts.

Charles Blair