Re: The /usr/doc Hierarchie

> In general, documentation source should be in the source package.  The
> /usr/doc directory can contain PostScript, DVI, ASCII, ASCII with
> overprint highlighting, &c.
>
> I don't think TeX source is appropriate; it is definitely
> inappropriate if no formatted version is provided.

I disagree, we should provide a means for people to regenerate the
docs using their own setup -- without having to download the source
package.  If we provide a dvi file, people might not be able to print
it due to missing dvi fonts, if we provide a ps file, it may be
formated for letter only when people want A4 or vice versa.  Giving
the compressed source allows people the option of using their own
tools to regenerate docs.  Making ascii is messy for documentation
that is really formated.

Jim