Re: Ispell (answer and plea)

bucknell.edu (Daniel Quinlan) writes:
>     Daniel> out of the box.  Assembling dictionaries with the effort
>     Daniel> of Kristoffer might be more difficult.  We'll have a tough
>     Daniel> time replacing him as a contributor, I'm certain.
[...]
>     Daniel> I would seriously consider asking Neal Becker
>     Daniel> <neal@ctd.comsat.com> who has already prebuilt ispell-3.1
>     Daniel> to see if he is willing to join in with Debian.  His
>     Daniel> prebuilt binaries (plus a diff from the source) is
>     Daniel> available on ftp.ctd.comsat.com:/pub.
>
> Sure.  What can I do to help?

I uploaded a compiled/source version of ispell v3.1.002 to
sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/distributions/debian/Incoming, but I have
no idea about dictionaries, apparently it made a french, german, and
english version right off the spot.  Should I be able to do more?

Also, anybody with Emacs/Lisp experiance, we need to fgure out a way
to get Emacs in TeX mode (or AUC-TeX mode) to be able to call ispell
with the "t" option, as one of the great features of Ispell is the TeX
support.  I looked at the docs that mentioned .emacs, but I am rather
clueless when it comes to lisp for emacs. :(

Jim