Re: Ispell (answer and plea)

James A. Robinson <jimr@simons-rock.edu> writes:

> If somebody tells me where it (International version) is, I am
> willing to at least try and take it over.  I gotta warn that I am
> busy, and not that great a Linux hacker. :)

It shouldn't take much effort.  It compiles practically out of the
box.  Assembling dictionaries with the effort of Kristoffer might be
more difficult.  We'll have a tough time replacing him as a
contributor, I'm certain.

ftp.3com.com:/mirrors/ispell/ispell-3.1.00.tar.gz

I'm sure there are others, but I'm not taking the time to look.  There
also might be a patch out already, I think.

Ian,

I would seriously consider asking Neal Becker <neal@ctd.comsat.com>
who has already prebuilt ispell-3.1 to see if he is willing to join in
with Debian.  His prebuilt binaries (plus a diff from the source) is
available on ftp.ctd.comsat.com:/pub.

--
Daniel Quinlan  <quinlan@spectrum.cs.bucknell.edu>