Re: On links and things

Ian A Murdock <imurdock@shell.portal.com> writes:

>> Therefore, I am willing to make the first donation for equipment
>> expenses to <whatever the Debian organization is named these days>.  I
>> suggest that my humble donation of $50(US) (which will be in the mail
>> tomorrow) be used towards the purchase of a 14.4k modem to speed the
>> pace of Debian development.  It is money well spent.  I know it will
>> come back to me in one form or another.

> Your offer is very kind.  I doubt you have any more money than I do.

If it makes you feel poorly, you can send me the second Debian QIC-80
tape or CD-ROM if I ever get one.

> In any case, my talk with RMS was pleasant.  He thinks the idea of the
> Debian Linux Association has merit, and has offered to help us collect
> tax-deductable donations through the FSF.  More on that later; after
> Mike and I open a PO Box tomorrow we're going to announce the existence
> of <whatever the Debian organization is named these days>.

Make certain that *you* keep FULL control over Debian.  The FSF is
notorious for trying to control developers -- developers who aren't
being paid.

I'll wait to mail the check until you have a PO Box.  Especially since
I didn't really mail it today (I was going to ask you for your email
address, but nobody's perfect.  Esp. if I can deduct it.  :-)

Are you going to release a 0.91 -> 0.92 patch or the like?

Okay, I admit it, I was in an odd mood.  I usually don't get so
emotional...  :-)

Just to warn you, even with a 14.4k, you will still want to go to the
lab at times.  It is too slow for mass stuff.  SLIP is also very
buggy.

Dan