keymap console problem

Hi, I have the next problem trying to configure the keyboard. These
are the steps that i have made more or less.
0) Installing woody and upgrade to unstable (SID)
1) apt-get install console-data console-common locales
2) configure locales
sinsoporte:~# locale
LANG=es_ES@euro
LC_CTYPE="es_ES@euro"
LC_NUMERIC="es_ES@euro"
LC_TIME="es_ES@euro"
LC_COLLATE="es_ES@euro"
LC_MONETARY="es_ES@euro"
LC_MESSAGES="es_ES@euro"
LC_PAPER="es_ES@euro"
LC_NAME="es_ES@euro"
LC_ADDRESS="es_ES@euro"
LC_TELEPHONE="es_ES@euro"
LC_MEASUREMENT="es_ES@euro"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="es_ES@euro"
LC_ALL=
sinsoporte:~#
3) The keyboard is right, i can type all the keys, but "ñ" key doesn't
work on the text console. I have tried also to add to /etc/enviorement
LC_ALL=es_ES@euro.
4) I have check in another system that there is a symbolic link at
/usr/share/kbd/defaultkbd.gz (or something like that) to
/usr/share/keymaps/<mykeymap_layout>, but i don't have this in the
system that i'm experimenting problems. So, maybe this is the work
from any script that i don't have. If this is the case, please tell
me.
5) I've tryed to install kbd, but without knowing if this is really
necesary. In fact i took a dependency problem between kbd and
console-tools. Maybe is this the problem, but i don't know how to fix.
6) When I have installed X enviorement, I have configured the keyboard
layout to Spanish Eliminate dead keys and the "ñ" is typed correctly
as you can see.
7) Finally, here is the env command output of the system:
sinsoporte:~# env
HZ=100
DESKTOP_STARTUP_ID=
TERM=xterm
SHELL=/bin/bash
GTK_RC_FILES=/etc/gtk/gtkrc:/root/.gtkrc-1.2-gnome2
WINDOWID=29360177
HUSHLOGIN=FALSE
USER=root
GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET=/tmp/keyring-vi4arh/socket
SESSION_MANAGER=local/sinsoporte:/tmp/.ICE-unix/584
XPSERVERLIST=:64
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11
MAIL=/var/mail/root
PWD=/root
LANG=es_ES@euro
PS1=\h:\w\$
HOME=/root
SHLVL=3
GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID=Default
LOGNAME=root
DISPLAY=:0.0
COLORTERM=gnome-terminal
XAUTHORITY=/root/.Xauthority
_=/usr/bin/env
sinsoporte:~#

Any suggestion will be really apreciate. I'm thinking that maybe is an
installation bug since I'm with SID (the last time i did I think)

Thank you for your time.