Re: WLAN/WPA treibt mich in den Wahnsinn

Hallo!

Am Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:20:37 +0200
schrieb Rüdiger Noack <ernohl@yahoo.de>:

> Heute hat die Verbindung zum AP auf Anhieb (und ohne
> Konfigurationsänderungen) geklappt. Die Ausgabe unterscheidet sich
> überhaupt nicht von obiger. Verstehe wer will... :-(

Ich beschäftige mich gerade auch malwieder mit WLAN und wpa_supplicant,
aufgrund des aktuellen Umstiegs von madwifi auf madwifi_ng.

Dabei bin ich auf die HowTo von Gary Vollink gestoßen:

Ich möchte hierzu folgenden Absatz zitieren:

--------8<--------

Wireless Routers; Apply, Wait, Apply Again and Wait

This paragraph is totally non-scientific.  However, it wasted two hours of my time while setting up a used Netgear wireless router.  I have heard complaints of this elsewhere, with other brands, but never understood the significance. It usually goes like this, "I had given up, and the next day, it was working!"

The configuration on some wireless routers (specifically home-networking class), takes time to "stick".  If you think it should work, and your files follow the examples above, and it basically just looks like it should work, but it doesn't work, it might not be broken.  Shut off your wpa_supplicant configuration, or even your whole computer.  Walk away without chaning anything on the router for ten minutes.  Try to connect again.  If it's not working, go to the Access Point's Interface, and apply the same wireless settings again (don't actually change them though).  Wait 10 minutes.  Try connecting again.

By this time, if it still doesn't work, resume fiddling.

Quelle: http://www.vollink.com/gary/deb_wifi.html

LG,
Ace
--
()  ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML mail
/\                        - against Microsoft attachments