Re: internetverbindung mit q-dsl

Am Mittwoch, 14. August 2002 22:37 schrieb Ulf Martin:
> moin debianer
>
> ich möchte gern debian installieren,
> und zwar aus dem internet mit einem q-dsl-anschluss.
> dazu habe ich mir die erste cd der offiziellen distro gezogen
> und ein "basissystem" installiert,
> sowie die q-dsl-software.
> wenn ich nun versuche, die verbindung mit "start-pppoe"
> zu starten, erhalte ich die meldung
>
>    Warning: Interface eth0 still in BROADCAST mode.
>
> was tun?
>
> (ich bin leider alles andere als ein "power user"...)
>
> dank im voraus

Also ich hab' hier auch noch einen qdsl-Anschluß und der läuft mit pppoe
ganz prima. Meine dsl-Verbinung wird beim hochfahren des Servers gelegt
und beim runterfahren halt wieder gekappt. Son Quatsch mit
zwangstrennung und so gibts da ja nicht. Und dod wofür? Hier glühen eh
meist die Drähte.

Die eth-dsl ist bei mir in interfaces _nicht_ gelistet! Dafür gibt es
ein Skript:

$cat /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot
#!/bin/sh
#

# The location of the ppp daemon itself (shouldn't need to be changed)
PPPD=/usr/sbin/pppd

# The Ethernet interface the DSL modem is connected to. If you change
this,
# you also need to edit the file /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider.
INTERFACE=eth1

# Bring the interface up
/sbin/ifconfig $INTERFACE up

$PPPD call dsl-provider
#EOF

Und die config für den pppd sieht so aus:
$cat /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider
# Configuration file for PPP, using PPP over Ethernet
# to connect to a DSL provider.
#
# See the manual page pppd(8) for information on all the options.

##
# Section 1
#
# Stuff to configure...

# MUST CHANGE: Uncomment the following line, replacing the
user@provider.net
# by the DSL user name given to your by your DSL provider.
# (There should be a matching entry in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets with the
password.)

# Use the pppoe program to send the ppp packets over the Ethernet link
# This line should work fine if this computer is the only one accessing
# the Internet through this DSL connection. This is the right line to
use
# for most people.
pty "/usr/sbin/pppoe -I eth1 -T 80 -m 1452"

# If the computer connected to the Internet using pppoe is not being
used
# by other computers as a gateway to the Internet, you can try the
following
# line instead, for a small gain in speed:
#pty "/usr/sbin/pppoe -I eth1 -T 80"

# An even more conservative version of the previous line, if things
# don't work using -m 1452...
#pty "/usr/sbin/pppoe -I eth1 -T 80 -m 1412"

# The following two options should work fine for most DSL users.

# Assumes that your IP address is allocated dynamically
# by your DSL provider...
noipdefault

# Comment out if you already have the correct default route installed
defaultroute

##
# Section 2
#
# Uncomment if your DSL provider charges by minute connected
# and you want to use demand-dialing.
#
# Disconnect after 300 seconds (5 minutes) of idle time.

#demand
#idle 300

##
# Section 3
#
# You shouldn't need to change these options...

hide-password
lcp-echo-interval 60
lcp-echo-failure 3
# Override any connect script that may have been set in
/etc/ppp/options.
connect /bin/true
noauth
persist
mtu 1492
user "Benutzerkennung"
# usepeerdns # wegen bind abgeschaltet, hab' nen eigenen DNS laufen, ggf
# einschalten
#EOF

und weil alle guten Dinge 3 sind:

$cat /etc/ppp/pap-secrets
# OUTBOUND connections

# Here you should add your userid password to connect to your providers
via
# PAP. The * means that the password is to be used for ANY host you
connect
# to. Thus you do not have to worry about the foreign machine name. Just
# replace password with your password.
# If you have different providers with different passwords then you
better
# remove the following line.

(none)  *       password
"Benutzerkennung" * "Passwort"
#EOF

Ich denke damit sollte dann alles laufen

Stefan

--
(°>  Stefan Keul <st.keul@gmx.de>  -(°)  -(°)
//\  Exchange Server?               /\\   /\\