Re: cyrus-imapd sur potato

Fabien Salvi <fabien@cri74.org> writes:

> Nicolas Kowalski wrote:
> >
> > Je me réponds.
> >
> > Il n'y a pas de problèmes. C'est juste la façon qu'a cyrus pour nommer
> > les boites IMAP (INBOX.qqchose) qui m'a induit en erreur. Je suis
> > habitué au serveur UW-IMAP, c'est tout.
>

> En parlant de cyrus, est-ce que quelqu'un sait pourquoi il est dans
> non-free.
> Pourtant, la licence ne parait pas spécialement restrictive...

/usr/share/doc/cyrus-common/copyright :
 # Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this software and its
 # documentation is hereby granted for non-commercial purposes only
 # provided that this copyright notice appears in all copies and in
 # supporting documentation.
 #
 # Permission is also granted to Internet Service Providers and others
 # entities to use the software for internal purposes.
 #
 # The distribution, modification or sale of a product which uses or is
 # based on the software, in whole or in part, for commercial purposes or
 # benefits requires specific, additional permission from:

Donc, clairement non libre.

Mais le cyrus de Debian est très vieux, la licence a été corrigée
depuis.

Voir http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=75535 qui
indique le 25 Oct 2000 que :

«Yep, the new license means it can go into main. I'm going to package
it as soon as Berkeley DB is in woody (Cyrus needs it,
unfortunately). I'm not sure of an ETA, but AFAIK it is in the process
of being packaged.»

Je suppose que ce développeur à besoin soit d'un coup de main, soit
d'un agenda. ;-)

               Jean Charles
--
Jean Charles Delépine - Équipe Réseaux Télécoms - Université de Picardie