Some thouths about installing Debian on Ultra.
Well, I did it :)))
OK, some thoughts:
1. Cannot initiallizing swap from instaler program "Unable to find
swap-space signature", but doing it manually later (after
2. How to do an nfs install, should be written a little more clearly.
3. Modules - What it is FC4? and why installing of any modules fail?
[in installing program]
4. One funny thing - Time zone on Sparc - If you use msdos before ..
5. And one thing which almost give me an heart attack. Silo installs
without asking where. I came from intel word so I just imagined
lossing Solaris which was on 1st hard disk, and linux on second. But
fortunaly it works OK. :)))
OK, now some questions:
- Did someone upgrade to potato?
- What's the status with perl 5.005?It stops me from setting things
up (There is 5.005, but it's a little to old to some packages, for
which it's a little too old for.....)
When there will be new installation program, let me know, I would like
to test it :)))
Dariusz Puchalak <email@example.com>
"I'm sure our friends in Redmond will work really hard and act as our beta
site and find some problems, but they'll have to work a lot harder at it,"