Re: Some thouths about installing Debian on Ultra.

Dariusz Puchalak wrote:
> Well, I did it :)))
>
> OK, some thoughts:
> 1. Cannot initiallizing swap from instaler program "Unable to find
> swap-space signature", but doing it manually later (after
> installing) works.

Could it be a problem with v0/v1 formats ?
Did you pass -v1 to mkswap ?

> 2. How to do an nfs install, should be written a little more clearly.
> 3. Modules - What it is FC4? and why installing of any modules fail?
> [in installing program]
> 4. One funny thing - Time zone on Sparc - If you use msdos before ..
> :))))

Hmm, yes, in fact ;)
Is the clock always set to GMT, so this message could be left out ?

> 5. And one thing which almost give me an heart attack. Silo installs
> without asking where. I came from intel word so I just imagined
> lossing Solaris which was on 1st hard disk, and linux on second. But
> fortunaly it works OK. :)))

Silo install itself into the bootblock of the same disk linux is installed.

> When there will be new installation program, let me know, I would like
> to test it :)))

In progress... maybe next week :-)

Regards.