More install problems under Ultra10 and tftp...

Thanks for the previous tip on mkswap.  Now for the latest bloody
forehead story...

I get to the point where it asks for a kernel (where you would reinsert
the rescue floppy) and I can't find the right files in the tftp image.
"Okay," I tell myself, "just make a disk and do it that way."  Well the
disk comes back as "Wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
/dev/fd0"  I try to do a "boot floppy" from OpenBoot and get "bad magic
number in disk label."  "Joy..." I think.  I try new downloads of the
image on new diskettes.  No love from the boot prompt or mount.  I go
over to the Ultra2 running Slowaris, ("Yeah, it's slow," I think, "but
at least it installs."  I then slap myself for such jaded thinking.) run
fdformat to lay down a disk label and ufs filesystem, take it to the IBM
Intel box running SuSE and use mke2fs to lay down a readable filesystem,
mount the filesystem and touch a file.  I put it in the U10's floppy
drive and...  No luck.  Now I am truly stumped.  Please tell me I missed
some niggling detail on the install an it is in the tftp image after
all.  Please?

Any help would be appreciated!

--
Jeffrey Hulten