Re: Status

Previously Ward Deng wrote:
> I currently use "mirror" program which is very inefficient and I noticed
> that Debian project encourages use of rsync and I am going to switch over.

Cool. We would also appreciate if you can use another site to mirror from.
The best choice in this case is probably debian.midco.net. To use rsync
you simply do this:

	rsync -a debian.midco.net::debian .

To get a list of exported items:

	rsync -avn debian.midco.net::

You can also use starting points within Debian if you don't want to mirror
the entire archive.

About the archive:
  dists/slink/main/binary-all         287Mb
  dists/slink/main/binary-i386        397Mb
  dists/slink/main/binary-m68k        234Mb
  dists/slink/main/source             760Mb
  dists/slink/contrib/binary-all       16Mb
  dists/slink/contrib/binary-i386      28Mb
  dists/slink/contrib/binary-m68k       1Mb
  dists/slink/contrib/source           56Mb
  dists/slink/non-free/binary-all      47Mb
  dists/slink/non-free/binary-i386    121Mb
  dists/slink/non-free/binary-m68k      2Mb
  dists/slink/non-free/source         192Mb

To get an impression of diskspace needed.

Wichert.