Re: Broken autopkgtest blocks texlive-base (et al) transition

Hi Paul,

thanks for your email.

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019, Paul Gevers wrote:
> This is not an issue in autopkgtest, but an very difficult issue in the
> way we use autopkgtest to test packages in a testing (buster)
> environment that want to migrate to testing. The issue is that sagemath
> is currently very broken with sphinx from sid (I just filed 920989).

Indeed, the CI tests fail, thanks for filing a bug. Sagemath has been a
blocker in upgrading package for quite some time.

> Next time, if you want to have relevant parties aware of the issue, you
> should CC the release team, as they have the power to ignore the
> failure. Currently and for some time to come I am watching regressions
> on a close to daily basis.

So what was happening here? Did you manually push the packages into
testing overriding the tests? If so, thanks a lot.

Things will repeat, as I am uploading new packages just now (taking ages
due to bad and intermittent internet connection).

Thanks and all the best

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer