Re: Broken autopkgtest blocks texlive-base (et al) transition

Hi Norbert,

On 31-01-2019 05:33, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2019, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> currently it seems that autopkgtest believes that texlive-base is
>> responsible for sagetex's regression
>
> Obviously this was either fixed or the transition was not hindered
> despite the warning about a regression on the transition page.
>
> Anyway, the packages are now in testing. I will upload a new set fixing
> some fontspec incompatibilities today or tomorrow before leaving.

This is not an issue in autopkgtest, but an very difficult issue in the
way we use autopkgtest to test packages in a testing (buster)
environment that want to migrate to testing. The issue is that sagemath
is currently very broken with sphinx from sid (I just filed 920989).
sphinx is pulled in from sid due to some versioned relation in or with
respect to texlive-base.

Next time, if you want to have relevant parties aware of the issue, you
should CC the release team, as they have the power to ignore the
failure. Currently and for some time to come I am watching regressions
on a close to daily basis.

Paul