Re: RFC: TeX Live (at least) move to git

Hi

On 18 July 2012 03:17, Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:

> another RFC: I recently thought about how to continue with TL2012++
> and I propose that we move to git for the next packages. It would
> be just one repository "texlive" which might have several branches
> for the various releases (of TL and Debian).
>
> I am slowly getting too hooked onto quick branchin/merging in
> git, which is a huge pain in svn.
>
> What do you think?

I am not very good with CVS, SVN, GIT, BZR and whatnot.  But I can see
that most are moving towards GIT, so if TL moves to GIT, then I don't
need to remember commands for other version control systems.

Will all packages from http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/ be moved to GIT?

BR

--
Danai