Re: RFC: doc files rework

Good night, Norbert

[Aaargh, I really should be sleeping now: I just came back from Manila
to Beijing and need to reset my human konpyuuta.]

On 18 July 2012 03:00, Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at> wrote:

> after we have released I want to get rid of this horrible mess
> wrt to doc files. Currently we have the following situation:
>
> [...]
>
> So I want to revise that mess, and propose the following:
>
> - all files are installed *as* in texlive, so under
>   /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/doc and .../texmf/doc
>
> - drop all files/links in /usr/share/doc/$package, maybe add only
>   a remark in README.Debian to use texdoc
>
> - drop /usr/share/doc/texlive-doc
>
> I would like your opinions/comments/requests/suggestions/whatever,
> please let me know!

I am all for it; if it speeds up things and increases consistency, then +1.

Do you want to include this policy for other packages such as font
packages and cjk that can be found in the upstream TeXlive
distribution as well?

BR

--
Danai