Re: RFC: TeX Live (at least) move to git

Hi Danai, hi all,

On Mi, 18 Jul 2012, Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐) wrote:
> I am not very good with CVS, SVN, GIT, BZR and whatnot.  But I can see
> that most are moving towards GIT, so if TL moves to GIT, then I don't
> need to remember commands for other version control systems.

yeah, that is also my ideam although svn and git I have and will for
long have to use both.

For me it is just much easier to use git with branches, history
locally, no connection to server for commits necessary, etc etc.

> Will all packages from http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/ be moved to GIT?

Good question. My current plan is to just leave all the current
texlive there, and start the new for texlive next in git.
The other packages *might* be moved independently, no obligation
and not necessity. It is the same group (debian-tex), so the same
people have access to the git as for svn.

I will for sure not convert all packages, I might convert those
that I care for, but not all. And for sure not old packages
that are not in use anymore.

NEEN SOLLARS (pl.n.)
Any ensemble of especially unflattering and particular garments worn
by a woman which tell you that she is right at the forefront of
fashion.