RFC: TeX Live (at least) move to git

Hi everyone,

another RFC: I recently thought about how to continue with TL2012++
and I propose that we move to git for the next packages. It would
be just one repository "texlive" which might have several branches
for the various releases (of TL and Debian).

I am slowly getting too hooked onto quick branchin/merging in
git, which is a huge pain in svn.

What do you think?

DETCHANT (n.)
That part of a hymn (usually a few notes at the end of a verse) where
the tune goes so high or low that you suddenly have to change octaves
to accommodate it.