RFC: doc files rework

Hi everyone,

after we have released I want to get rid of this horrible mess
wrt to doc files. Currently we have the following situation:

* all the doc files are under
	/usr/share/doc/$package/
  example:
	/usr/share/doc/texlive-lang-german/latex/microtype-de/microtype-DE.pdf

* links to the above files under
	/usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/
  example:
	/usr/share/doc/texlive-doc/latex/microtype-de/microtype-DE.pdf
	  -> ../../../texlive-lang-german/latex/microtype-de/microtype-DE.pdf

* finally a link
	/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/doc -> ../../doc/texlive-doc/

Now, that has several stupid points:
- first of all, mtxrun and mktexlsr is *horribly* slowed down due
  to links, since it needs to read the inode of the link plus
  the inode of the target. And if the target is a too long string,
  it does not fit into the inode itself, so an additional block
  has to be read. And in addition, the readdir and stat calls are
  on ext3/ext4/etc *not* ordered by inodes, so there es an
  exponential increase in seek time (see my post to lkml)

- the level of indirection is mind boogling, I myself every time
  I look into it hav eto check it

- the docs that have been in texlive/texmf/doc (not texmf-dist)
  are not there anymore, becasue there is no link. But adding a link
  to texlive-doc would include *all* the files in texmf-dist/doc, too,
  so making everything even worth.

- the dir /usr/share/texlive-doc is not really useful, since it
  is not advertised

So I want to revise that mess, and propose the following:

- all files are installed *as* in texlive, so under
  /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/doc and .../texmf/doc

- drop all files/links in /usr/share/doc/$package, maybe add only
  a remark in README.Debian to use texdoc

- drop /usr/share/doc/texlive-doc

I would like your opinions/comments/requests/suggestions/whatever,
please let me know!

Thanks

Norbert

PS: It would have been better for stable, but that is too late.

PLEELEY (adj.)
Descriptive of a drunk person's attempt to be endearing.