Re: texlive-latex-base configuration error

Hello,

>I'm sure deleting it and running mktexlsr will solve your problem.

The files
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/latexconfig/lualatex.ini
and
/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/latexconfig/lualatex.ini

do *not* exist on my system.

In fact the /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/ folder does not even contain a latexconfig folder.

So I cannot remove them.

On the other hand, they do exist in the /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/latexconfig

folder. I have attached them in case it might help.

I have rerun mktexlsr, makes no difference.

>(what is the history of your system?).

The history of the system is that it is a laptop, on which I installed testing a long time ago, I think before lenny was released. For a very long time it did not get upgraded (was not on the net), and then I started upgrading it regularly at the end of last year. But over winter vacation ( 2 weeks) I left it connected to the net without a firewall (stupid). When I came back and realized this I reinstalled my system, but without wiping the /home partition, which is separate from the /  the /usr  the /tmp the  /var and the swap partitions. I also changed the passwords...

So I think it should be OK now...

In the meantime, texlive-latex-base still refuses to configure, and texlive-publishers refuses to install...

How would I go about doing a complete reinstall of texlive ?

Thank you for your help!
--
Alexandru I. Cabuz
Tel: +33 (0)6.70.70.46.41

--- Please no Word or Powerpoint attachments.
Send plain text, rich text format, html, or pdf instead.