Re: texlive-latex-base configuration error

On 01.02.10 Alexandru Cabuz (alexcabuz3@gmail.com) wrote:

Hi,

> >I'm sure deleting it and running mktexlsr will solve your problem.
>
> The files
> /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/latexconfig/lualatex.ini
> and
> /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/latexconfig/lualatex.ini

Hmm, weird. The log files from fmtutil says these files are read by
luaTeX:

This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.50.0-2009122515 (INITEX)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/latexconfig/dvilualatex.ini
! I can't find file `luatexconfig.tex'.
l.2 \input luatexconfig.tex

This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.50.0-2009122515 (INITEX)
 restricted \write18 enabled.
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/latexconfig/lualatex.ini
! I can't find file `luatexconfig.tex'.
l.2 \input luatexconfig.tex

However you say these files do not exist. No, I don't have an
explanation for this. Did the error message change eventually?

> In fact the /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/ folder does not even contain a
> latexconfig folder. So I cannot remove them.

I'm sorry! I was still under the impression you misinterpret the
message from dpkg -S.

> On the other hand, they do exist in the
> /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/latexconfig

They are expected to be there.

> >(what is the history of your system?).
>
> The history of the system is that it is a laptop, on which I
> installed testing a long time ago, I think before lenny was
> released.

So, there could have been an old version of luatex installed, which
provided lualatex.ini at the path above. I had the idea the files
might not have been removed during upgrade, but this is not the case
(see above).

> In the meantime, texlive-latex-base still refuses to configure, and
> texlive-publishers refuses to install...
>
> How would I go about doing a complete reinstall of texlive ?

I'm sorry, I've no idea any more. If two different tools on the same
system give different results regarding if a file exists we're
looking at a kernel bug or a broken file system.

Sorry!

Hilmar
--
Receiving a million dollars tax free will make you feel better than
being flat broke and having a stomach ache.