Re: circular dependency tl-base and tl-binaries

> On Do, 15 Okt 2009, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> In fact there should be something like
>> 	if kp_configure
>> 		fmtutil-sys --refresh
>> 	fi
>>
>> So, drop dependency on tex-common, drop call to dh_installtex, and we
>> are gone.
>>
>> Add specialized postinstall calling fmtutil-sys --refresh if that is available.
>

> Done all that, and cleaned up a lot of mess there.
>
> Hope you can check that out.

texlive-binaries.postinst has

case "$1" in
  configure|reconfigure)
    update-texmf
    update-fmtutil
    if dhit_libkpathsea_configured; then
      # we are shipping mktexlsr, so it must be there!
      mktexlsr /usr/share/texmf /usr/share/texmf-texlive /var/lib/texmf
      if [ -r /usr/share/texmf/texconfig/tcfmgr ] ; then
        dhit_build_format --refresh
      fi
    fi
    ;;
esac

But without the dependency on tex-common, we cannot call update-texmf
and update-fmtutil.

I'm not sure whether this is unfinished work, or you didn't even start
to transfer changes from luatex?

Debian Developer (TeXLive)
VCD Aschaffenburg-Miltenberg, ADFC Miltenberg
B90/Grüne KV Miltenberg