Re: New package of "cjk"

On Mo, 07 Jul 2008, "Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐)" wrote:
> True.  I'll work on it this week.

Perfect. But mind that I am leaving on Saturday and I will be off for
practically 5 weeks at least.

> Chinese is even easier than Japanese, right because of the tones.  In
> Japanese I always choose the wrong combinations of "kun" or "on"

No no no. You got me wrong. It is NOT the pronounciation that scares me,
but the tones. Chinese is tonal. Japanese is not. There is no difference
in the meaning if you use a falling, rising, rise-falling, etc tone in
Japanese. In Chinese there is. THAT is the hard part for Europeans. The
rest is just training ;-)

> And you don't have that complex system of verb "levels" or different verb
> endings for negations.

Well, I haven't delved really deep into Japanese, but I consider its
grammer quite simple compared to an Indoeuropean language like Italian,
French. Or even worse compared to Sanskrit. The problems with all the
Asian languages I have studies, well better, I have touched a bit, are
the different "Politeness" levels, choosing the correct word for the
other side, depending on his/my rank, the topic, the constallation of
the stars, the level of water in the Yangtse, the temperature in Kyoto,
etc etc etc (you got the point ;-)))

> Still, I think Japanese is the cooler of both languages. :D

Every language is "cooool" if you can speak it. Or read it. Or
understand it.