Re: New package of "cjk"

Hi Norbert

Op 07-07-08 15:31, schreef Norbert Preining:

> On Mo, 07 Jul 2008, "Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐)" wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking of adding these few font files in debian/ and then copy them to
>> TEXMF, but that kind of beats the whole idea of compiling it in the first
>> place.  If I don't find a more elegant solution soon, then this will be way
>> to go.
>
> Whart about the following:
> - create one package NOW that ships the fonts (uuencoded, otherwise
>   diffs will not work) in debian/
> - if you found a solution upload a new package
>
> In the end it is not about elegance and whatever, but about getting the
> right thing done!

True.  I'll work on it this week.

>> On a sidenote: with xCJK you don't need to recomile TTF into .pfb and .tfm
>
> Not that I will ever use that stuff ;-) I have learned a total of 50+
> Kanjis while being in Japan, and learned a bit of Japanese. But Chinese,
> as a tonal language, just scares me to death (like all the tonal
> languages). And I am not sure I will ever have time/power/persistency to
> learn enough Kanjis ... Pity, since I like them a lot ;-)

Chinese is even easier than Japanese, right because of the tones.  In
Japanese I always choose the wrong combinations of "kun" or "on"
pronunciations, whereas in Chinese you only have one pronunciation per kanji
(few exceptions like "le" not withstanding).  Classic example is the
transitive "dasu" vs. the intransitive, reflexive "deru" (literally to move
oneself out, thus leaving).

And you don't have that complex system of verb "levels" or different verb
endings for negations.

Still, I think Japanese is the cooler of both languages. :D

Best regards

--
Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐)

題目:《春日》