Re: Building font packages for TeX & friends

Florent Rougon wrote:
> uwe@steinmann.cx (Uwe Steinmann) wrote:
>
>>> Perhaps there is a Debian tool to do this already. Otherwise, I am
>>> happy to
>>> plod on and pass you my Perl script (for what it is worth) as my little
>>> contribution to the marvellous work that you are doing.
>> tex-fontconfig may be what you are looking for. The current version
>> at sourceforge isn't up to date, but you can either check out the one
>> from the cvs or I can provide a debian package.
>> tex-fontconfig is able to create debian source packages from a list
>> of type1 or ttf files. The source package includes everything to make
>> the font available for TeX/LaTeX
>
> There is also make-texfontpkg by Ralf Stubner at this address:
>
>   http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-tex/make-texfontpkg/trunk/?rev=0&sc=0
>
> Not sure how usable/finished/up-to-date it is, but Ralf will probably
> comment, since he reads this list.

make-texfontpkg expects a TEXMF tree and builds a Debian package from
that. Useful for font support packages that one can download from CTAN. It
does not try to automate the creation of TFM files.

I haven't tested it for quite some time, since my Debian machine has been
rebuild only recently after a hd failure. However, the TeX-part should
still work. The x11-part has not been updated to xorg, though.

I hope to again find some time for this script in the future.

cheerio
ralf