Re: Map or MixedMap?

On Sam, 19 Mai 2007, R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar wrote:
> 1. How do I recognize the extensions for these files?

type1 fonts come normally as .pfb or .pfa,
metafont as .mf

> I think that Type 1 fonts have a .pfa or a .pfb extension and that Metafont
> files have a .mf extension. But I also have the lm fonts where the directory

Right

> /usr/local/share/texmf/fonts/source/public/lm

That was used to generate the lm fonts, but there are no sources. But lm
fonts are purely type1 (and otf).

> 2. For self-installed fonts, is checking the directory

What do you want to achieve? Automatic installation of *ALL* fonts
available? This won't work.

For metafont fonts, ie those available from mf source you normally don't
have to do nothing, because the mf source generate the tfm file etc.

For type1 fonts you have to create tfm (metric) files, and probably also
some support files for tex.

What is your ultimate target???

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
KERRY (n.)
The small twist of skin which separated each sausage on a string.