Re: Call for testing ...

On Mon, 21 Mai 2007, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Furthermore, we are lucky because the same *could* happen with
> etex/pdfetex, because etex.src is in texlive-base. This is also the
> reason for the breakage at some times.
>
> I guess we have to move the etex/pdfetex calls *also* to texlive-base.

And tex.

In fact, it would be best to move the config file
	10texlive-base-bin.cnf
as a whole to
	10texlive-base.cnf

Ok, we would have to:
- patch the various tpm/format files
- add code to texlive-base and texlive-base-bin to move the conf file
  probably it is enough to call in texlive-base.preinst something
  like check_move, well not completely, but similar. (true?)

Should we do this *before* the next upload or after ...

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
HARBLEDOWN (vb.)
To manoeuvre a double mattress down a winding staircase.