Re: papersize (was: Issues with and after upgrade to texlive)

Hi Frank!

On Don, 19 Apr 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> > It has NO meaning in the TeX world, and it was a failure that tetex
> > packages tried to use it in one way or the other.
>
> Indeed?  I agree that it has no meaning currently (except maybe for

Well, for TeX and dvi it is true.

> dvipdfm).  But didn't we find consensus about an idea how to implement
> libpaper support in the future?  It was discussed in

I lost track about all the proposals, counter-proposals, etc. I still
think that a
	README.papersize
would be the better solution.

Anyway, I will reread the bug report and try to understand it (and the
problem).

But, for Frans, if you want portable documents, use geometry, otherwise
dvips/dvipdfm(x) etc pick up anything from letter to c5, depending on
the configuration of these programs.

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
BELPER
A knob of someone else's chewing gum which you unexpectedly find your
hand resting on under a deck's top, under the passenger seat of your
car or on somebody's thigh under their skirt.