Re: Issues with and after upgrade to texlive

On Mit, 18 Apr 2007, Frans Pop wrote:
> Hmm. Looks like I'll need some help with this after all. I'm totally
> confused why I should end up with letter as the papersize for the PDF.
> All configuration files say A4:
> /etc/papersize:1:a4
> /etc/texmf/dvipdfm/config/config:18:p a4
> /etc/texmf/dvipdfm/dvipdfmx.cfg:43:p  a4
> /etc/texmf/xdvi/XDvi:24:!*paper: a4
[...]
> If I 'export LANGUAGE="en_NL:en_US:en_GB:en"' on the "good" sid system, I
> get the same issue

Then I would blame gs. This is not a TeX issue. I am quite sure that if you
check the intermediate PostScript file it will be the same (besides the
problems with the fonts!)

> And it does look like a regression (or at least a "feature change") as
> having the same on an Etch system does _not_ result in a changed paper
> size.

Please, send me the two postscript files as generated with
	dvips -Ppdf ...

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>                    Università di Siena
BEREPPER
The irrevocable and sturdy fart released in the presence of royalty,
which sounds quite like a small motorbike passing by (but not enough
to be confused with one).